Wednesday 8 January 2014

How to make iPhone / Samsung note purse

Crocheted Plastic Handphone purse

Everyday I take the train to work.  I needed a small purse to sling around my neck so I could put my train card and phone without fumbling for them.  So I decided to make this purse using my old plastic bags. 

Here are some of my creations - fit for I-Phones, Samsung tabs or any phones.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to drop me a note




Materials Needed


  • 10-15 plastic bags (cut them into plarns)
  • see link for How to make plarns
  • 1 crochet hook size 7/0 as per pic or size 6/0
  • scissors
  • 1 button
Finish work - (3.5 inch wide x 5 inch height) - perfect for iphone 4 & 5

Method

1)  Make 15 chain stitches (for samsung tabs/note - make 20 chain)

2)  Half Double Crochet (HDC) in 2nd chain from hook in each chain & continue HDC around the corner & down the back side in every chain.

3) Keep crochet HDC in each stitch & do not connect the end of round, continue to HDC in rounds till you reach around 13 -15 rows or as desired.

4)Now do HDC on one side of purse and proceed to do the flap.

5) Chain 2, turn, HDC in each st across back half of purse for flap. Repeat for 3-4 rows.

6) (To make a button hole in centre)  Chain 2, turn, HDC to centre, 1 chain, HDC in each remaining stitch of row.

7) Final row - Chain 2, turn, HDC across to centre empty space, 5 HDC in the empty space, then HDC in each remaining stitch of row 

8) Fasten off and weave ends in between the stitches.

Strap - Option 1) Use shoelace and tie and both sides.

Option 2 - Attach your plarn to the spot where you want to start strap on side of purse next to the flap with a slip stitch. Make 100-120  chain.  Attach strap in stitch next to other end at side of purse with a slip stitch.  Turn and work back up the chain by making HDC around the chain until you get back to the starting of strap handle. Fasten off and weave ends under the side of purse.

I hope you enjoy this and start making them.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment